Friday, May 15, 2009

CAARROT PULAO

I am in Delhi in my sister's place. Weather is hot over here. In Chennai evening we will get nice breeze, but here evening's also hot breeze. I am sending this from my draft.

This is my own experiment. When I was blank , what to cook for the lunch,had lots of carrots in my pantry. So I modified my corn pulao and replaced carrots. It tasted yum with raita.



Ingredients


Carrot - 5 to 6
Onion - 1
Corn kernels -1/2 cup
Green chili - 1 or 2
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Rice - one cup
oil, cumin seeds for tempering
cilantro for garnishing.


Method

1. Chop the carrots and microwave high for 2 minutes.
2. Chop the onions and slit the green chili in length wise.
3. Cook the rice and toss with little oil or ghee to avoid sticking together.
4.Heat oil in a pan and temper cumin seeds.
5. Add chopped onions and green chili.
6. Add the corn and carrots, garam masala and salt.
7. Cook until everything blends together.
8. Add the cooked rice and mix well.
9. Garnish with cilantro.
10. Serve with raita.


This entry is taking part in Sangi's FIL - Carrot and Mahi's 15 minutes Cooking and also in Ravishing rice recipes hosted by Nags started by Meeta.

28 comments:

Jeyashris Kitchen

i too make carrot rice atleast once a week. i love to add sambar powder instead of chillies.Adding corn is a nice idea.

Pooja

The pulao looks colourful n delicious :) Perfect entry :)

Pooja

Rice is looking colorful and delicious..

kittymatti

Excellent vidhya!! This looks yummy!

Suparna

Hi Vidhya,
aha! posting from delhi ;)hydrate yourself well coz the heat could make u feel drained out.
Nice and yummy pulao with corn and carrot, rice looks fluffy. good one.
Enjoy!
TC

Mahimaa's kitchen

yummy pulao vidhas.. nice decoration.

Priya Suresh

Excellent and colourful pulao Vidhya, enjoy ur holidays!

Gita Jaishankar

Healthy pulav Vidhas...looks delicious :)

Poornima Nair

Looks colorful n delicious...

Raks

I have tried carrot rice similar to this!
Looks colorful... good for kids:)

Ramya Vijaykumar

Carrot and corn pulav looks colorful hope your kids would never deny eating those for sure!!!

Unknown

nice picture..looks yum..i use grated carrots..corn is a nice addition..

AnuSriram

Lovely and colourful pulao!

Ammu

Very colorful. Looks yum :)

Cham

Great for kids who loves rice!

Mangala Bhat

wow! very colorful ..very healthy dish Thanks for sharing

Recipeswap

Thata a very good looking carrot pulao.

Vegetarian Zest

Hi Vidhya, my first time here and i have bookmarked your space. I just came back from Delhi...my mom lives there. Had a good time and a good shopping. I'm currently living in Chennai with hubby. I wish we had a blogger meet or something like that...

vidhas

Thanks friends for your lovley comments and support.

Ayesha Parveen

A really nice blog! I am following it.

Unknown

very colorful and delicious helthy rice looks yum

Parita

Wow that delicious and colorful rice dear!! love the idea of corn pulav :)

Yasmeen

Enjoy your stay:) excellent way to used up the carrots,rice looks very appetizing:)

Premyscakes

carrot pulao looks delicious!!!

vidhas

Thanks Yasmeen for the lovley words.Thanks Ayesha for following me and thanks Premi, Parita and Redha.

Nithya

Yumm yumm.. nice dish.. :)

Priyanka Agrawal

first time here...

ur pulav looks yummy

teddygal

The first meal I prepared in Atlanta...and my friends loved it...only thing, now they want me to cook everyday :P

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP