Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DOSAI WITH A TWIST

Being a mom with 2 kids, I always have Idli batter in home. You can make wonders with that. I soak soy bean along with urad dhall and rice to make the Idli more protein rich. I always mix up some vegetables with dosa batter, to make sure my kids will get 4 to 5 servings of vegetables a day.



Ingredients


Soy bean - 1/2 cup
urad dhall - 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tbsp
Par Boiled rice - 5 cups
Raw rice - 1 cup


Soak separately rice, urad dhall + fenugreek seeds, and soy bean. Grind soy bean first after 10 minutes add urad dhall, grind rice separately.


Carrot Dosai






Dosa batter - 11/2 cup

Carrot - 2 (medium)

salt as per taste

Oregano - 1/2 tsp


Combine all the ingredients and heat the griddle and make dosas.

Goes well with pickle or tomato sauce.
You can also make Palak dosa like this . (Steam the palak)




Tomato Dosa



Dosa batter

Idli chilli powder

tomatoes -2 Big ( chopped)

oil



Heat the tawa and make a thick dosa like uthappam.

Toss the idli chilli powder all over the dosa.

Spread the tomatoes over it.

Flip to other side when it is cooked.


Appam With Stew

Masala Dosa with Tomato Chutney



I am sending this entry to Padma's Dosa Corner Event and To Srilekha's EFM Breakfast Event.

29 comments:

Unknown

good healthy twists to the usual dosas..

Pooja

Wow that is a nutrition packed dosa! Loved all the varieties :)

Shama Nagarajan

lovely yummy crispy dosa's dear

Anonymous

Adding soya bean to the batter is a brilliant idea..even i keep dosa batter always..intelligent.right ?
made masaladosa even today and posted jus now.

Ramya's Mane Adige

delicious and healthy!!

Raks

Those carrot dosai and thakkali dosai,I am gonna try for my kid Vidhya:) Thanks for sharing;)

Pavithra Kodical

Wow so many different type of dosas... I agree Idly batter is very useful.

Gita Jaishankar

I used to add soy bean to adai batter...adding them to idli and dosa batter sounds very healthy :)

kittymatti

Loved the creative and colorful dosas!

Sanghi

Vidhya delicious dosas..! Send all the dosas a parcel to me..! The soya bean dosa and tomato was new to me..! Will surely try !

Suparna

hi vidhya,
am amazed of the way u use protien and value nutrition in u r day to day diet :) the dosa seems very healthy, thanks for sharing an easy and tasty breakfast recipe.
TC

chef and her kitchen

I loved the addition of soya to the batter....yummy dosais

jayasree

Delicious varieties of dosas and healthy too.

Chitra

Kids friendly and healthy with soya beans..Nice idea!!thanks vidhaas:)

Divya Rao

The dosais look yummy...

Lakshmi

I even add barley to dosa and idli batter. Tasty and healthy variations :)

Indian Khana

Gud idea..thanks for sharing :)...all variety looks so gud

Anonymous

Hi Vidhya, This is my first comment. Adding soy bean to dosa is really very healthy. Thx for sharing.

Hari Chandana P

Wow... Dosa looks healthy and delicious... lovely clicks!!

Anonymous

Loved the addition of soya to the dosa batter...it's a healthy idea!tnx for sharing dear...

vidhas

Thanks gals for the lovley comments :-)

Shabs..

U've got nice children friendly recipes in here. So adding u....will try some of ur recipes for my little one.:)
Regarding the hummus recipe u asked me, I have always used readymade tahini paste and never attempted myself to make one. You can see some of the useful links on how to make tahini here:
http://www.ummah.net/family/recipes/tahini.html

http://www.recipezaar.com/Homemade-Tahini-73859

I think both the recipes in the site are same, but there are extra tips.Follow the instructions carefully and u might be able to make it. I might make this once my store bought one gets over...

Hope that helps:)
Cheers,
shabs.

Home Cooked Oriya Food

VERY CREATIVE...

Parita

my mom adds soya beans to roti flour :) its brilliant way to add proteins and nutritients in food!

saffronapron.blogspot.com

I have heard a lot of moms say that they have batter handy for a quick meal. I love idlys and dosas

vidhas

Thanks Shabs for the link. Surely will try. Thanks HCOF

vidhas

Parita - i used to add soy bean to atta too.
Smitha - Its really handy.

Ammu

Love the idea of adding soya beans in the dosa. Really healthy.

Padma

WOW!!! Nice dosa varieties... missed seeing this post as I was on a vacation few days back... thanks for sending it to my dosa event Vidhas :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP