Thursday, July 9, 2009

SEMIYA UPMA

Breakfast is the important meal for every body. I usually prepare Idli, dosa etc. Some days i prepare this uppma which is a hit breakfast with kids. My son calls this as Noodles upma. My daughter likes to take this in her lunch box too. I always use the pre roasted semiya which will be in brown colour. It consumes less oil too.



Ingredients

Semiya - 2 cups (roasted)
Onion - 1
Carrot - 2
Peas - 1 cup
Green chili - 1 or 2
Water - 4 cups
salt to taste
oil, musturd seeds, urad dhall for tempering


Method

1. Heat oil in a pan and pop up musturd seeds and add urad dhall.
2. Add the chopped onions, green chili , carrots and peas.
3. Saute well , when they are cooked add water.
4. When the water boils add salt and the semiya.
5. Cover and cook until the semiya has cooked well .
6. Garnish with Cilantro.

My Kids eats with sugar, goes well with mixed pickle.


Broken Wheat or Dhaliya Porridge



I am sending this to Divya's Show me your Breakfast event.

Since my daughter loves to take for lunch it is taking part in CFK - Lunch box hosted by Neha. started by Sharmi.
This is also taking part in EFM Breakfast series by Srilekha.

29 comments:

Parita

Loved semiya upma, so delicious and simple!

Padma

Delicious upma and porridge Vidhas ... broken wheat porridge is very new to me... must be yummy and also healthy and nice entries for the event :)

Priya Suresh

One of my favourite too!

Anonymous

Semiya upma sounds colorful...!
Nce pic!

Gita Jaishankar

Nice picture Vidhya...semiya upma is my favorite breakfast...love ur wheat porridge...looks yummy with the bananas :)

Kitchen Chronicles

looks tempting. I also make this very often, we also luv it.

Pooja

Looks so delicious Vidhya! Surely a kids favourite!

ashsdelicacies.blogspot.ca

Wow Vidhya, dats a yummy yummy recipe...liked the ingredients..will definitely try it out...

Mahimaa's kitchen

inniki idhu dhan panna poren.. my version is also similar. may be i will click photo and blog.

upma looks yummy..

Raks

I too love this upma,but sadly my kid doesnt like it nowadays:( So I too am not making!Nice entry!

Jeyashris Kitchen

i love all types of upma.semiya upma is my mosssssssst fav. good janani likes this. Adding vegies makes it healthy.Dalia poridge i make only during fasting days. nice presentation with bananas.

Anonymous

Semiya Upma is our fav as well.Its a unique flavour altogether..I love it as a breakfast more..
The porridge looks so rich that am drooling here..
hey,this you can even send to EFM breakfast hosted by Srilekha of me and my kitchen.

vidhas

Thank you friends for stopping by and for the lovley comments.
Ann - thank you so much for informing. I will send it.

Unknown

looks yumm..

Indian Khana

I love semiya upma too better than rava ;)..gud entry :)

Suparna

hi vidhya,
wonderful breakfast items well presented :) one of the best breakfast dishes whicj is so versatile :) nice clicks :)
TC

Unknown

That makes a lovely breakfast. Thanks for sending it to Show Me Your Breakfast event!

Shama Nagarajan

quick simple comfort breakfast...for my daughter this is just noodles...looks yummy

Shah cooks

the daliya porridge is exactly the way we make it and yes, kids do love it.

Aparna Balasubramanian

We had semiya upuma for breakfast this morning. What a coincidence!

Ammu

Semiya upma is my family fav breakfast. I prefer making this on sundays. We all just love this.

lata raja

Hi, very nice porridge. Semiya upma is our alltime fav too.

lata raja

Hi, very nice porridge. Semiya upma is our alltime fav too.

Home Cooked Oriya Food

Nice and easy! Thats what I like in breakfasts...

Kalaivani

One of my favorite dish.looks so colorful and yummy porridge.

Vidya

Semiya Upma is one of our regular breakfast dishes. Love it with Filter Kaapi :) You have a lovely blog. Thanks for visting me Vidhya.

vidhas

Thank you friends for the lovley comments/.

Neha

Upma is looking so nice, thanx for sending, do check out for the roundup...

Good Paediatrician in Velachery

Amazing Breakfast.. I like the way you arrange(decorate) all the food.. I will try cooking Upma tommorow.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP