Tuesday, February 24, 2009

BHINDHI DHO PYASA / OKHRA SUBZI



Born in Middle Class. Lost his father at eight, Never completed school, college. Started composing Music, More than 100 Awards, Brand Ambassador for World peace by UNO, Yet He says “ELLA PUGAZHUM IRAIVANUKKAE” and this is “ISAI PUYAL ‘ A.R. RAHMAN “ Jai Ho.

Everybody is happy for the 2 awards we had got in Oscars. Rahman started a music school in Chennai, and my husband’s cousin is learning music. The selection is also by audition. I am very proud to say I am in Chennai.


This recipe also I saw in a cookery show. I made some changes in the recipe . The chef deep fried the Okras and then he added it. Usually, I use less oil, so i did n’t deep fry it , I just saute the okras. It tasted good and it become a favourite subzi for my family. My husband doesn’t like roti’s with dry subzi, he liked this. :-D




Ingredients



Okra/Bhindhi – 500 gms
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Red chili –powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – one generous pinch
Oil
Cumin seeds for tempering
Coriander for garnishing




Method

1. Chop the onion, tomato , Chop the okra in 1 “ piece.
2. Heat oil in pan and saute the Okra still they are half cooked or the colour changes. ( You can deep fry also)
3. Heat oil add cumin seeds, when it dance add chopped onion, let it become pink.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes , saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt , saute well.
6. when the raw smell goes add the garam masala and add the fried Okras.
7. Sprinkle little water and close with the lid and cook for few more minutes.
8. When the okras are done , garnish with coarinder leaves





Goes well with Rotis and rice.

This entry goes to BSI _ okra hosted by  MHARO RAJASTHAN'S RECIPES



This entry goes to RCI - Haryana hosted by Simple Indian Food.




I would also like to send the following to RCI Haryana









Vidya Venky a budding blogger passed me this award. I am Honoured Vidya.Thanks




32 comments:

FH

ARR was very humble and polite guy, I like him too. He made us all proud! :))

Okra do Pyaza looks fab, love Bhindi dishes. Great entry! :)

Anonymous

Vidhya,I simply love Okra..and the yummy dish makes me drool..thanks da.

Cham

One of the kind example how simple one should be!
Lovely okra curry and delicous entry.

Varsha Vipins

Thats sounds an easy n delicious dish..It has been long since I bot some okra..This gave me the nudge..:)

Preety

okra is one of my fav sabzis..i also never deep fries it..but use almost the same ingredients as yours

we are are so happy for A R Rehman

Madhu's cooking gallery

Looks too good! Quick and easy curry.. Super yummy!

Jeyashris Kitchen

looks yummy vidya.i too use less oil fo cooking.bindi masala is m hubby's fav. one.

Mahimaa's kitchen

bindi dopyaz looks mouthwatering.. defntly worth trying!

Shama Nagarajan

Congrats dear......subzi looks perfect and an inviting one

Pooja

Nice post vidhya...New recipe for me..will bookmark it and try it..

vidhas

Thank you friends for the loving comments.Kinldy let me know how it tastes.

sriharivatsan

Must be super delicious vidhya..Can imagine how it would have tasted with roti..Congrauts for the award dear..

Unknown

okra subji looks delicious..
indded ARR has done india proud..great..

Priya Suresh

Quite a simple dish, okra subzi looks delicious...We are proud to be Indians na:)

Ashwini

Love Okra..The recipe is simple and mouthwatering..

Pavani

thank u vidhya for passing the award yaar...these days iam not feeling well because iam going to have my second child...now its 4th month yaar...so iam not able to cook and post...

AnuSriram

Rehman, Made us (India) feel proud.. He deserves this!
Okra sabji looks delicious.. I have something for u in my blog.. Pls accept!

Recipeswap

Very happy for AR Rahaman...hope he gets more credit and recognition for his work.Nice dish!

KonkaniBlogger

Dish looks very nice and can imagine the taste how good it will be. Nice entry for the event.

Sanghi

Lovely recipe and also congrats for your award!!:)
Yes, its a great pride for A.R.Rahman to have taken our Indian music go worldwide. JAI HO..!

EC

We made a slightly different version of this last week..bhindi in any form is delicious to me..thanks for the entry

Raks

I too got goose bumps when he received the awards!
I too do the same as my lunch accompaniment,replacing the garam masala with home made sambhar powder:)
I will try this sometime for roti too!

Sunshinemom

My favourite too! I love bhindi with rice or roti! Yours looks good!

Jaishree Iyer

Okra sabji looks delicious.nice recipe vidas.

Raks

Hi Vidhya,
Please collect you well deserved award here! :)

vidhas

Thank you friends for the lovley comments and support. It means so much to me.

Poornima Nair

I love okra and ur subzi looks delicious...

vidhas

Thanks poornima for passing by and for the lovely comments.

Uma

this is my fav. curry. looks so delicious. Congrats on the award.

vidhas

Thanks Uma.

Jeyashris Kitchen

vida excellent background.pleasing to eyes

Anonymous

We call it Bhindi Basar and its regular in my kitchen.We love it with some hot Khichdi and curd....yummmmm

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP